2022-12-22

The not-a-bank bank

I went to one of Bank of America's newly remodeled branches.  It doesn't look like a bank inside.  There are no teller windows.


A woman with an iPad greeted me as I went in.  "This is a very confusing bank!", I said.

She said, "I've been in banking 15 years and once you get used to it you'll really like it."

I have no reason not to believe her.

But!  I would suggest that for people like me going into the not-a-bank for the first time a little map or sign suggesting where to start would be good.  As it was, the iPad woman was engaged with another customer when I first entered.  I had no idea what to do or where to get in line so I just stood there.  Which worked.  But what if there were two of us waiting?  Where do we wait and keep ourselves in order?

These are important UX questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment