2022-12-11

Manufactured Landscapes

Manufactured Landscapes is a documentary about the human impact on huge swaths of the earth; such huge swaths are so large they can be considered landscapes.

I first saw this film many years ago (it came out in 2006) while channel surfing; or more likely, now that I think about it, my TiVo thought I would be interested in it.  It starts with an eight-minute, slow tracking shot through a factory in China, which left at least one viewer, me, stunned at the scope of the endeavor.  Later, like a year ago, I remembered that tracking shot but that was all I remembered about this movie I had seen oh-so-long-ago, and my attempts to google various terms to find it failed.  As often happens, sometimes months or years later, I'll try a search like that again, and the result pops right up.

If you liked Koyaanisqatsi I think you'll like Manufactured Landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment