2022-12-05

The most wonderful time of the year

I was listening to some Christmas music and it seems I never really paid attention to the lyrics before.

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago
It's the most wonderful time of the year

from It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I thought I heard that there will be scary ghost stories!  WAT?  Since when?

I mentioned this to my family and they said, WAT, no, it can't say that.

I guess one benefit of HD music is you can really understand the words.

When I was a kid, I listened to music on a 3" by 3" by 1" blue Sony portable radio that ran off one 9V battery ... and I loved it!  But I probably appreciated the music more than the words, since I have learned over the years I misunderstood many many lyrics.

And this business about the tales of glories of Christmases long, long ago.  What, was there fighting?

It was better when I didn't know the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment