2008-06-11

MSFTextrememakeover: Eight Years of Wrongness

MSFTextrememakeover: Eight Years of Wrongness

I don't know what to say. The article is brutal. What's worse is that it's very well written. FSJ* would be proud.

Ballmer announced he would retire in 10 years. Does anyone think he will last that long? Methinks the sharks are circling.

___________

* FakeSteveJobs
______________________________________
Buy Nano-Plasm Soft Cover
© 2005-2008 Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. - All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. When Bill Gates resigned as CEO in 2000, I thought MSFT stock would crash. If I had owned any MSFT at that point, I would have sold immediately. I guess investors felt reassured that Gates hung around in an advisory capacity. As far as Balmer, shouldn't be any surprise that Balmer failed miserably, but I doubt that anybody else would do better. Who could replace Bill Gates? There are no contenders to threaten Balmer's position, and I doubt that Bill Gates intends to replace him. It looks like Balmer's position is pretty secure to me. Though I have to say, in the list of failures, the most idiotic thing to date was bidding $46 billion for Yahoo. It's lucky for MSFT that the deal didn't go through. Any more stupidy like that, and Balmer may run MSFT into the ground sooner rather than later. - VLY

    ReplyDelete