2005-06-19

Investing - Gates and Ozzie: How to Escape E-Mail Hell - FORTUNE - Page 2

Investing - Gates and Ozzie: How to Escape E-Mail Hell - FORTUNE - Page 2:
"Bill, you have been nailed in court through e-mail that was found in legal discovery. Has that changed the way you use it?

Gates: No. I live the examined life. Basically every e-mail that I've ever sent has been looked at by something like 30 or 40 lawyers to see if there's any way it can be misconstrued. I don't put any notes at the bottom where I say, 'Note to lawyer: When I say 'Beat the competition,' I mean in the nice friendly way we always do.' [laughter] So look, the idea that everything you're doing can be examined - there's nothing really wrong with that. Voicemail is like that too. People just should get used to the idea that there's going to be some visibility for things. I don't think we're all going to just go down to the local pay phone or something."

No comments:

Post a Comment