2004-11-18

Ouch

I was feeling abused back in January 2001, so I decided to make a picture that represented my feelings.



First, I took a picture of myself, trying to look as pained as possible. Notice the glasses are crooked.





Stephen w/o bruises







Next, I added some bruises and blood with Photoshop.





Stephen with bruises painted by himself







Lastly, I showed it to Clay Corbisier, who is an artist with a very good naturalistic sensibility, who said, "I can do better than that!" This last one is his version. It's very good. It makes my wife want to throw up.





Stephen w bruises painted by Clay Corbisier



(You can click on any of the pictures above for a bigger version so you can see the gore at much higher resolution. I recommend looking at the bigger pictures for Clay's version so you can see the detail in the scratches bruising.)



This article © 2004 by Stephen Clarke-Willson. All Rights Reserved.



1 comment:

  1. Hey, dude

    For me, that's, like, everyday, without photoshop.

    'Cos my brother who's a total jerk thinks I'm his personal punchbag.

    Hate him.

    I've got bruises all over my body and on my face. I'm never without bruises or even without a black eye. I'm gonna complain about him if he soesn't stop soon. This has been going on since three years back.

    ReplyDelete