2004-11-11

Accumulate

I've already mentioned how great the newer digital cameras are at low-light picture taking.



This first image is a picture taken "normally" with my Sony camera:



First night picture



This second image was taken using a special "accumulation" mode where the camera takes a series of pictures and adds them together until it thinks it has enough light for a good picture. It's a kind of multiple exposure. You have to hold the camera still or it gets blurry.



Second night picture with multiple exposure



Pretty cool! This was something I always wanted to do with a digital camera: shoot a lot of pictures and then add them together so I could "see" in the dark better. Now it's built-in to my Sony camera. Cool beans!



© 2004 Stephen Clarke-Willson - All Rights Reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment