2009-07-02

The Man of Hope

This kind of patriotic stuff always puts a tear in my eye.  "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" was enough to make me a huge fan of the 16th president.  At one point I could recite the entire speech by heart, which, back then, was an amalgamation of his speeches - a big achievement for a kid who went to public schools in California!  In the original version, Mr. Lincoln warned us that the destruction of the United States could only come from within - never from abroad.  And of course, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic!  OMG!  Everyone of those singers believes that every utterance as a member of that choir is in service to God.  And it comes out in the performances!  What glorious stuff for a 12 year old boy growing up somewhat isolated in Newport Beach, CA!


Obama has said Team of Rivals is one of his favorite books.  I'm in the middle of reading it now.  (I admit, it's slow going, and I have the hard copy and the Kindle version!)  I would just remind Mr. Obama that Mr. Lincoln was also conned by various financial assholes into some crazy central bank BS - so keep an eye out for that, okay?

I was talking to a guy who I thought would be hard core Republican and he said, "Thank God Obama is president.  Can you imagine if we had McCain's crankiness on top of everything else?"

So, you keep going Man of Hope - I've heard you say the US is out of money - so I know you're thinking about our situation.  Don't let the money people con you.  In the meantime, keep up with the inspiring speeches!

And God Bless America!
______________________________________
Read Nano-Plasm - Now only $3.99 on the Kindle.

© 2005-2009 Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. - All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment