2009-07-03

The Stars and Stripes Forever!

I was quite bored in high school. I saw a man named Rod Miller at Disneyland who taught himself to play the piano by slowing down piano rolls and working out the fingering and practicing 4-6 hours a day for two years.

I thought that sounded fun so believe it or not I bought a player piano ($450.00 for a 1910 Aeolian Grand Upright - paid 1/2 by my Mom and 1/2 from my paper route money) and taught myself to play.

In honor of the Fourth of July, I present The Stars and Stripes Forever, which I learned by watching Rod play (watching his fingers upside down and backwards, as I looked over the top of the piano), and by listening to player piano rolls, and by practicing several hours a day for two years. Here are a few other pieces.

(Say, does anyone have a decent embeddable music player? It's easy to embed video but not so easy for audio. )
______________________________________
Read Nano-Plasm - Now only $3.99 on the Kindle.

© 2005-2009 Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. - All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment