2023-02-06

Jungle Book Rag - MIDI

I found the source file for The Jungle Book Rag.  It's a Cakewalk ".wrk" file so I saved it out as a MIDI file for increased accessibility.

Here it is!

Jungle Book Rag (Slow)

It says "slow" because when I played the midi file on my PC it played back really slowly.  I suspect this is because there is no tempo command in the MIDI file.  Cakewalk lets you set the tempo outside of the MIDI track and that's probably what I did.  As a simple piano file, it probably went into the SNES and Genesis without much change, and the playback speed was set there.  (Or, maybe I did play it really slowly so there was a better chance it would line up in terms of quantization.  I think I did.)

It will also cut off before the end - that's because (at least on Windows) the MIDI player doesn't bother to notice the length of the last note; it stops playing when there are no more notes, which is wrong.

But you can load it up into your favorite sequencer and make it behave properly if you are so inclined.


No comments:

Post a Comment