2009-05-05

Nation Ready To Be Lied To About Economy Again

Nation Ready To Be Lied To About Economy Again | The Onion - America's Finest News Source:

"WASHINGTON—After nearly four months of frank, honest, and open dialogue about the failing economy, a weary U.S. populace announced this week that it is once again ready to be lied to about the current state of the financial system.

Tired of hearing the grim truth about their economic future, Americans demanded that the bald-faced lies resume immediately, particularly whenever politicians feel the need to divulge another terrifying problem with Wall Street, the housing market, or any one of a hundred other ticking time bombs everyone was better off not knowing about."
Don't worry - the stress test results are just around the corner.

"I don't need to be constantly reminded that the lack of regulations on Wall Street compounded with failing institutions like AIG basically plunged the world economy into a global recession," said 32-year-old office manager Alexis Harrington. "What I want is for someone to tell me with a straight face that the GDP is through the roof so that I can feel better and instantly forget what all these terms even mean."

"For the first time in my life I know who the secretary of the treasury is," Harrington continued. "And I don't like it."
______________________________________
Read Nano-Plasm - you know you want to.

© 2005-2009 Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. - All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I still read your blog all the time, but it's become more harrowing since the WS/financial meltdown. I am way too much of an ostrich to be slapped in the face with the facts all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I'm actually quite a bit more concerned than would be apparent on my blog, which is pretty negative!

    I think we've reached a tipping point and simply printing money isn't going to pull it out this time ... but you never know, those banker dudes are pretty good at printing money, so they might pull it out of the bag one more time.

    If I knew for sure the dollar was going to become worthless I would do things differently. But I don't. So all I can do is diversify as much as possible ... and laugh at the Federal Reserve bozos who really think printing money is the fix for everything.

    (Well, I guess printing money has worked since 1973 so it's hard for most people to get too excited at the prospect of the currency collapsing.)

    ReplyDelete