2023-05-01

Music - Overview

My plan for April was to post a song a day.  As you can tell from the leaderboard, I posted zero things in April.



I have about 65 tunes I have composed over the years.  Well, composed is an overstatement - most of them are improv pieces done for a 4-track cassette deck.

(Picture from here.)

I loved that thing.

Most of my music is not particularly interesting except that most of it is improvised on the fly.  In some cases with one take, in other cases two passes on the 4-track, and in some cases, multiple passes with mixdowns from two or three tracks into one.  In some cases an arpeggiator fills things out.

The instruments varied: the D-50 had the best and phatest sound.  But I also had a "Yamaha Portasound" mini keyboard that I used way too much.

Previously I thought that even though it is May I could still post one song a day in April!  This would be done by setting the publish date back in time!  But all I did was DDOS myself with work, trying to cram in all of April and continuing with May.  So instead, April will be blank.





No comments:

Post a Comment