2006-12-11

How To Choose CD/DVD Archival Media » Ad Terras Per Aspera

How To Choose CD/DVD Archival Media » Ad Terras Per Aspera:
If you cannot find any company selling Taiyo Yuden under the own brand, I suggest buying from the SuperMediaStore.com, who offer a wide range of Taiyo Yuden CD media, DVD-R media, and DVD+R media. I tend to buy just from them, as they are the only company that guarantees that their media is actually from Taiyo Yuden and not a fake (see the above linked FAQ on information about fake Taiyo Yuden media).


The entire article describes why user-burnable CDs and DVDs degrade and how to minimize data loss.

I guess I should dig through my piles of CDs for the oldest one I can find and see if I can still read it ...

1 comment:

  1. Many of my backup CD's have gone bad over the years. Slashdot had a discussion on this topic. One of the posts makes an excellent point about the inherent unreliability of all current optical media:

    http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=211170&cid=17201660

    -vly

    ReplyDelete