2006-07-04

Happy Fourth of July!

When I was a wee-lad (age 16-18) I went to Disneyland every weekend to watch the amazing Rod Miller play the piano at Coke Corner. Then each weeknight I taught myself to play ragtime by slowing down a player piano and looking at the notes. Between watching Rod play (upside down, usually, from the top of the piano) and practicing at home a couple of hours a night, I learned to play. It took a couple of years before it sounded like music but since I had nothing else to do in my latter years of high school it was fun.

I have posted a ragtime medley by me of "The Stars and Strips Forever / God Bless America" at my web site:

Stars and Stripes Forever / God Bless America

It's about half the speed that Rod can play it.

Happy Fourth of July!

-- Stephen

© 2006 Stephen Clarke-Willson - All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment