2005-12-13

Experimental Music #3 - Soaring

This piece, Soaring, if you can stand to listen to it, is interesting for two reasons. One, it has lots of old school analog effects in the music. Secondly, it uses the 'bender' doo-dad which lets you play notes that don't exist on the keyboard.

Also, and this is true for everything in the Experimental Music series, it was performed straight into a four-track tape machine, without any planning. This required a fair amount of concentration. I had to remember everything I had done before. One benefit of that kind of concentration is mercifully short pieces of music.

© 2005 Stephen Clarke-Willson - All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Another sweet one! You shouldn't apologize. I love this stuff...but yeah, in my formative years I spent a lot of time listening to the likes of Wendy/Walter Carlos and Rick Wakeman.

    I also had access to an Arp 2300, where I created cool sounds but nothing like this... /jack

    ReplyDelete