2009-08-02

Governor's Mansion



This is the Governor's Mansion in Juneau, Alaska. Normally Sarah Palin would come out at 2:00 p.m. and model an outfit for a few minutes but the actual duration of the legislative "season" in Alaska is quite short and anyway she had announced her resignation already and the first thing to go was the daily modeling. What a shame.

Okay, I made that up, but this really happened: as we approached the mansion, a ten year old girl ran up and said, "I'll pretend I'm Sarah!" I couldn't tell if the kid was making fun or serious but on reflection I'm going with serious.

This is also true - that totem has a flea in it - the part with the big thin nose (I guess technically it would be a proboscis). I'm told it's the only totem in Alaska with a flea in it. Totems are like family crests and don't have any religious meaning. They supposedly tell a story. I don't know the story of the flea and the Governor's Mansion though.



______________________________________
Read Nano-Plasm - Now only $3.99 on the Kindle.

© 2005-2009 Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. - All Rights Reserved.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment