2007-10-06

Overpass

I love this bridge/overpass/architecture in Seattle and I've taken lots of pictures of it:



I've always wanted to go up there but I didn't know how!

At PAX the exposition was in the North Hall. I walked over to the North Hall, back to the main area, over to the North Hall, back to the main area, and the fifth time across the bridge I realized I was actually walking across the very place I had wanted to visit! Yes, I am slow on the uptake. Well, to tell the truth Will Wheaten was there, and I was distracted by that. (Heh, not really.)

Here's a shot from the South Hall:



and from inside:





© 2007 Stephen Clarke-Willson - All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I see thie bridge/walkway/cover/pergola often because it's next door to the building where my wife works. I love the bridge architecturally. . . but I've always found it oppressive on the street. Somehow it hems in Pine Street in a way that makes it feel crowded at street level.

    Partly I think I resent the idea of keeping the tourists and conventioneers dry! Why shouldn't they take on the rain like all the rest of us? But then the conventions and tourists, while Disneyfying Seattle to some extent, have also helped create a real and vibrant night life on the streets of Seattle. And that's a good thing.

    Writing this reminds me that Seattle has some of the lowest per capita umbrella ownership in the United States. At the same time, we have the highest per capita sunglass ownership. We are apparently at the very same time raging stoics, and unbridled optimists. /jack

    ReplyDelete