2007-02-02

Firefox smart keywords explained: quick search from the address bar

Firefox smart keywords explained: quick search from the address bar:
Predefined smart keywords

The in Firefox predefined smart keywords are at moment of writing:

* google - Google Search
* dict - Dictionary look up
* quote - Google Search with stocks: operator
* wp - Wikipedia
* slang - Urban (slang) dictionary look up

and are stored as bookmarks in the Quick Searches sub folder."


It took me about a half an hour to find this page. I remembered when I installed Firefox that it told me I could search Wikipedia with "wp "search term" in the address bar ... but I couldn't find any documentation on it! I wanted to add an additional search term of my own for IMDB.

Searching the Firefox help and site failed to turn up this priceless information. But now, I can master my address bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment